Freestyle Chess

Quotes from Freestylers' Emails     
6 years, 7 months ago

In addition to previous reports and reviews we like to add these quotes from emails and letters...
Statistical Notes by Roland del Rio     
6 years, 8 months ago

How did the winners of the InfinityChess Freestyle Battle 2014 score vs. each other? Roland del Rio (aka Thomas A. Anderson) send us some interesting statistics...
From Engine to Centaur - By Gerrit Hoogeveen     
6 years, 8 months ago

It was Gerrit's first tournament with these long time controls and also the first tournament where he played most games as a centaur. He started the first 5 games as an engine player because he feared a possible lack of time period at the end of the game, but then he felt it was time for a change...
The Human Approach... Report by Etaoin Shrdlu     
6 years, 8 months ago

This time we were playing more for fun, as we haven't done much of a serious chess analysis work for last couple of years since the last Playchess freestyle event.
Ozymandia on the Importance of Blunders     
6 years, 8 months ago

Everyone has been praising the chess played here as of the highest quality, and while that has been the case 95% of the time, the influence of the other 5% can’t be overlooked.
MiG29 Tournament Report     
6 years, 8 months ago

Way back Werner was a regular club player, but he stopped playing as it cost him too much time. Yet his interest in chess programs remained and helped him to improve...
Back to Freestyle Chess - A Review by Uwe Maertens     
6 years, 8 months ago

Since 2008 his interest in active computer chess had waned. But when InfinityChess announced its Freestyle Battle 2014 he was itching to try his hand again. And he did extremely well...
Portrait of Alvin Alcala     
6 years, 8 months ago

"Business World Online" interview with the 2nd winner of the Freestyle Battle 2014.
Statement by Anson Williams (Intagrand)on the Infinity Chess server, April 10th, 2014.     
6 years, 8 months ago

A grueling contest it was! Who could have imagined that 30 online entities from so many nations could have held it all together for 29 rounds over ten weeks without a controversial event or player dropping out?
International Freestyle Top 20 of May 2014     
6 years, 8 months ago

This is our updated and revised Freestyle Top 20, based on rated games between 2010 and 2014.

 Page 1 of 2